This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Schar's Ciabatta And Simply Shari's Shortbread Cookies

heliosue

heliosue Apprentice

I visited the the CDF Expo in Pasadena yesterday and sampled the Schar's Ciabatta rolls.  They were outstandingly good.  On Amazon, they get very high reviews. I also tried the shortbread cookies from from Simply Shari's that were wonderful.  They beat the Walkers brand by a country mile.  Now if I just lived close enough to some of the vendors that sell these products, I wouldn't have to pay an arm and a leg to have them shipped to me.  I got lots of coupons and samples for things I haven't tried before so I have a lot of tasting to do.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mamaw Community Regular

Gluten free events  are wonderful  as  you can get a great  supply  of  gluten-free  things  you may not know existed before....  sometimes online  you  can find  these  items all in one  stop &  save  on  shipping...several good  ones are available....

I have free  coupons  for gluten-free Walkers but  haven't  found  them  yet..... I will check out  Shari's.....

Lance crackers  is also on store shelves now. Peanut  butter  mini  crackers  are  good.. cheese  ones  okay...

BethM55 Enthusiast

Just to let you know, Vitacost . com has gluten free food products on sale (15% off) in honor of Celiac Awareness Month.  I think they carry the brands you mention.

abenedum Rookie

Great to know that Schar's ciabatta rolls.  I purchased them two days ago at my local grocery store and cannot wait to give them a try.  I found with Udi's hamburger buns it is best to heat them in a 325 oven for about 5 minutes which crisps up the outside nicely.  I might try the same thing with the ciabatta rolls.

Most stores provide request cards for ordering items so that may be an option for you.  I live in a small town and surprisingly we are getting more and more gluten free items in stock but occasionally I have to put in a card for items.  it still is expensive though.  I can purchase a number of gluten free from Amazon (I am a prime member so I don't pay for shipping) or from Walmart.  Unfortunately a lot of items have to be purchased in bulk.

heliosue Apprentice

Actually, these ciabatta rolls are called "par baked". They need a few minutes of heating to complete the baking process.  You'll see what I mean when you look at the directions.  Enjoy!

Archived