Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cristiana

Longer Term Recovery - Neuro Setbacks

This quesiton is for anyone who has recovered from neurological symptoms.

I often read on celiac posts online that neuro symptoms are often the last to clear up.  I am trying my hardest to stay clear of gluten but the neuro problems persist, two years gluten-free.   They almost seem to disappear, then start off again.   Same things - buzzy ankle, tingling fingers due to ulnar compression/carpal tunnel, which has been properly DXd, and facial buzzing and tingles.  

Are there any celiac veterans out there who experienced these setbacks?  Was it always gluten that brought these things back or did you have a hunch that other factors were at play?

Diagnosed by blood test and endoscopy Spring 2013

Adopted a gluten-free diet in May 2013

BRITISH

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'd love to know the answer as well. I am 100% gluten free. I haven't been glutened since March of last year, but I will have symptoms come up that are similar to before I went gluten free. It makes me wonder if we can have a flare up without consuming gluten.

January 2014-Celiac

August 2014- Hashimoto's

"You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice."

Bob Marley

Join eNewsletter

One thing to understand is that other things can activate the Auto Immune system.  Stress, sickness, other AI issues can all activate it.  This in turn can cause some, all or different symptoms to pop up while the AI system is cranked.  Also, remember that perfectly healthy people have aches, pains, tingles, head aches, all kinds of things that just happen and cannot be attributed to any disease or sickness.  

I'm not trying to belittle anything any one person is experiencing, but, keep things in perspective.  Also, consider the fact that some damage from Celiac or any AI Disease may be permanent.  Don't think of this stuff as a set-back,  Sometimes the smaller things can be dealt with easier when thinking about your health overall.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*Multiple AI Diseases

*General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

smiley-face-making-cocktail.gif

Join eNewsletter

Colleen - thank you so much for that reply, I find it v. reassuring.   Looking back the latest stuff came along with some stressful hospital tests, a new job and a nasty virus.   You have really helped me. 

xx

Diagnosed by blood test and endoscopy Spring 2013

Adopted a gluten-free diet in May 2013

BRITISH

Join eNewsletter

So glad I could help  :)

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*Multiple AI Diseases

*General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Join eNewsletter

Here is an easy to read article that explains things better than I.  It's good for all of us to keep in mind.  New (a year or so) Celiacs can obsess about all kinds of things that really mean nothing due to Celiac.  Some people start cutting back foods they eat drastically thinking it is Celiac related when it's not.  

The best advice I can give any Celiac is to look at improvements as a whole and realize some things need a lot of time to improve and other things may never improve, but you will eventually find your new normal and work with it.

Stay positive girls  :D

Colleen

https://www.yahoo.com/health/from-the-brain-to-the-immune-system-how-stress-118300620327.html

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*Multiple AI Diseases

*General Insanity

Join eNewsletter

I knew you would see it here.  Hopefully, Iceland Girl sees it too.  :)

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*Multiple AI Diseases

*General Insanity

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter