Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlessedMommy

I Did A 100% Gluten Free Baby Shower!

And boy was it fun! It was really cool to be able to just eat whatever I wanted from the table and have no risk of CC.

My SIL is expecting a baby in June and I decided to throw her a shower. Other people volunteered to help with other aspects and I planned to do the food. My SIL avoids gluten for thyroid issues, so a gluten free menu was a positive for both her and me. 

I had a lot of fun picking out and prepping food for the baby shower. What was really fun though was when some gluten free friends of my SIL showed up. They were amazed that everything was gluten free and that even the oreo cookies were safe for them to eat. 

I had a blast and I'm convinced that I need to do more gluten free entertaining. How fun it was for me and my gluten free guests to be able to eat whatever we wanted. The non-gluten free people who attended thought that the menu was great and had no complaints! :)

~Ruth

Gluten free since 2/14/2010 after suffering a rare and serious complication from my gluten challenge

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

when I read the title, I thought you forgot to tell us something! Lol

It is nice to have a completely safe party. That's why I get stuck with Xmas, Thanksgiving, Etc in our family!

Join eNewsletter

Please come cater my baby shower?? hahah That is just great!  I would love to be able to feel 100% safe and trust no one else but another person who must be gluten-free, to do it.

Join eNewsletter

wonderful, glad  all went  well......I always love it  when wheat  eaters complain about  gluten-free  but then  eat  the gluten-free  menu &  never  complain....It  is usually  after the fact  that they  already  said  how  they  enjoyed  the food  only to see four  of us  eating  the same thing...knowing we are gluten-free..... we  just  smile  & go into a  corner  & have a good  laugh...but  this  has  won  over many  gluten eaters....kudos to you....

Join eNewsletter

I love it! Like Karen, I end up hosting ALL tha family parties. It is more work, but we feel safe and can enjoy ourselves more. The gluten eaters are always happy too.

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter