Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lucykae

The Journey

I had to start on a gluten-free diet in August 2014. I must say, it has been and still is a long and arduous journey. I'm glad I've discovered this web site and forum, because it offers encouragement. That's what I want to do with this post. It seems I'm always having to discover foods I need to exclude from my diet and other things to replace those foods (i.e., olive oil instead of margarine; coconut milk in my gluten-free pancakes instead of dairy). You see, I not only have gluten intolerance, but I have many food allergies and intolerances. It all seemed to hit me bigtime last summer after I turned 60. Now I'm journaling through this journey. Journaling and prayer help so much. I want to encourage everyone by saying some days are diamonds and some days are stones. Don't let the days of stone get you down. Keep on keeping on. Keep on your diet, even if it's a strict regimen, because you don't want to fall backward on your healing process. You're not alone. You have many, mnay people who are going through what you're going through. Think of us as a family. May you have a diamond day and diamond week! :)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Join eNewsletter