Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I had some pizza wrap that says gluten-free on it but at bottom it says less than whatever whatever of gluten so does that mean it is not actually safe to eat?

I have no idea! I have never seen something that says " less than whatever whatever of gluten". :)

Gluten free is considered under 20 ppm. Perhaps if you told us exactly what it said?

Edit - or what product it is?

Join eNewsletter

If the product is tested for gluten content, there will be a detection level for the test. Levels less than that amount will not be picked up by the test, so if the manufacturer makes a statement, it will be qualified, as in, contains less than 20 parts per million (ppm). 20 ppm is a common test level. Zero ppm can not be proven scientifically, and although tests more sensitive than 20 ppm exist, the cost goes up dramatically as the threshold goes down.

Personally, I am more comfortable about a food with such a statement about testing, than one that just says "gluten-free." At least they tested for possible contamination.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter