• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Guest DanceswithWolves

Thanking The "old School" Posters

Rate this topic

Guest DanceswithWolves

I just want to be the first to actually start a thread thanking all the helpful members that usually post a reply back within miniutes if not days to all us newbies that are either just starting to explore their symptoms or are reaching a diagnosis.

Many of us turn to this board in hopes of some kind of answer or at least guidance.

I'm sending "big-ups" to Jnkmnky, KatiUSA, Nantzie,Darlindeb, Darkangel, Rachel--24, Jen2005, Nini and anyone else I may have missed that posts a helpful and speedy reply. You know who you are! :D

I know it can be tiring posting to so many newbies that come and go...but all of you show a range of dedication and love that goes above and beyond Celiac and all it's symptoms.

One thing's for sure, I am not gratitude-intolerant! Hee,hee,hee... :rolleyes:

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Erik D.

Guest nini

AWWWWWW aren't you sweet! From me I say, You are most welcome. It is a pleasure to me to be able to offer some help to those who are in the same boat I was 2 1/2 years ago!

I am a new to Celiac also. My husband is actually the Celiac and we know what you are going thru. He gets very frustrated with all the hurry up and wait with the doctors. We find a lot of comfort and support on this message board. Its nice to know you aren't alone.

Jennifer

Thank you for that encouragement. You are very sweet. Hope you find some answers out soon and can get on the road to feeling better :)

Thank you Erik! That was a very thoughtful gesture. :D

I'm still pretty much a newbie myself. I've just somehow managed to aquire quite a bit of knowledege about celiac disease in the short time I've been gluten-free. It was only 3 months ago that I was clueless and scared and this board helped me out tremendously. People like Kaiti, Nini, Matilda, JnkMnky, gf4life, Jenvan and others were the ones who really helped me out and I'm grateful for that. :)

I suppose I've been here awhile, though I have been remiss in my celiac-ing duties these past few months. :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here celiac3270! I have just been hanging back here lately. I guess we all tend to do that sometimes. Oh well right :)

Were you on here when we had the old board?? Before it changed formats? I can't remember. I think you were..... OH well that was a couple of years ago :) time flies huh!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Right on, Erik! I'm new to the board as well and would also like to say thank you. It's nice to be in contact with fellow celiacs who truly understand what I am going through. Thanks for all the advice and encouragement! I hope someday I can offer you guys some advice as well :)

I second the thanks to Richard! And thanks to all of you who answered my many questions and everyone else who helped me by my just reading through the posts. As I've said before. this site has been a godsend for me these past few months--couldn't have gotten to this point without ya :D

Erik - you are absolutely right. It is way past time to thank all of our friends who have taken their time to research and post information.

celiac3270, your name was omitted from the original list of writers. With your wealth of knowledge, I would have never guessed that you were a 14 year old boy. You are wise beyond your years.

Thank you everyone for your help and support!

I would also like to offer my sincere appreciation for all the advise that I have received here. It has helped me in my struggles to find out what was wrong with me. Thanks to everyones experiences and posts I found the courage to stand up for myself with doctors and seek out the answers that I had been searching for for the past 10 years.

My tummy, etc. THANKS you all very much :)

Thanks so much Erik. You're very welcome. I'm honored to be among those names. I'm also so appreciative of all the help and support of everyone here. It's an amazing board.

Nancy

I'm a newbie, too. I guess I'm just a little too free with my opinions... :rolleyes:

And I've done a ton of research since I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in '99. I have a library of digestive health books. When your doctors tell you there's no hope, you have to strike out on your own for answers.

I'm a newbie, too. I guess I'm just a little too free with my opinions...  :rolleyes:

And I've done a ton of research since I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in '99. I have a library of digestive health books. When your doctors tell you there's no hope, you have to strike out on your own for answers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would like to send out one more BIG thank you and that is to the Admin (Scott) because without him this board would not exsist and I would imagine alot of us would still be sick without the support and advice of the people here.

I think that everyone deserves a big thank you :) Many people put in a lot of voluntary time into this site and helping others. I'm sure we have all learned valuable and important information from others on this site, myself included. I don't know what I'd do without this site sometimes. So thanks to everyone :D

I would like to send out one more BIG thank you and that is to the Admin (Scott) because without him this board would not exsist and I would imagine alot of us would still be sick without the support and advice of the people here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hear, hear!

Yes!!!!! Thank you everyone!!!! Even some "newbies" who want to figure it out with me!!! :D

I really do find SO MUCH COMFORT IN THIS FORUM! You all understand me, and though family and friends in my life care about me, I'm sure, they don't really KNOW what I'm going through and they are just as frusterated as me because I AM NOT THE SAME PERSON WHEN I'M SICK! And I'm sure you all of you feel bad for the people in your life as well sometimes when you can see that just because WE are the sick ones, doesn't mean we are the only ones suffering. This site helps me "get back to myself" because it let's me know I'm on the right track and in turn, I am a little bit more sane to the people in my life every day!

SO THANK YOU! I REALLY DO LOVE THIS WEBSITE and of course the caring people who make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Danielle :)

Jessica, I wasn't here for the old board, but I joined shortly after (maybe two months after?) the formation of the "new" board.

Absolutely a huge thank you to Scott!!! :D

Guest nini

I have to say my big "thank you" goes to celiac3270 and Kaiti for helping me navigate this site and helping me through some of the rough spots.

Thank you Erik! That was a very thoughtful gesture.  :D

I'm still pretty much a newbie myself. I've just somehow managed to aquire quite a bit of knowledege about celiac disease in the short time I've been gluten-free. It was only 3 months ago that I was clueless and scared and this board helped me out tremendously. People like Kaiti, Nini, Matilda, JnkMnky, gf4life, Jenvan and others were the ones who really helped me out and I'm grateful for that.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I realized I forgot to mention someone on my previous list. That person is Tarnalberry....she's always helping people and she also gives out recipes. :D

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting but basically everyone who takes time out of their day to answer questions gets a Thank You!

Everyone on here who helps out really deserves a big thank you..it's all of you that make this site what it is. I know I have got to know some great people on here and you all are just great.

And of course a big thank you to Scott for starting such a great site :)