Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

across

Kavinace For Glutening

My functional medicine doc suggested that Kavinace might help me when accidentally glutened. It actually does seem to help some with the raging anxiety I get following a glutening.

Anyone else have any experience with it good or bad, or know anything that might make it a bad idea to use?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Nope, didn't know that. I only have anxiety following a glutening (beginning within minutes of exposure), and it follows a predictable pattern, so I'm guessing it's that and not my thyroid.

The first time I took Kavinace it didn't do anything for me either. The next time I took two. Two seems to help blunt the edge of the anxiety some for me.

Join eNewsletter

hmmm, I wonder if that was my problem today. I started cleaning my Kitchen aide, but I just broke down into a major panic/crying fit. I was going to have to get rid of it. It wasn't going to get clean. Wait what about dinner? How was I going to cook anything bla bla. I wonder if I wasn't careful enough and glutened myself while cleaning. 

I know nothing about that medicine, but if it works I may need to find something out about it.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter