Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patt

Is There An Easier Way Than Riding It Out?

Im gonna start out by saying I am not celiac but gluten intolerant.

I sometimes think its worse because instead of damaging my body I like to tear other people appart when glutened. I say hurtful things and even fear i'd loose my job due to spiteful behaviour....

Lately ive noticed a change in symptoms when glutened I end up in the bathroom and in this case have been in pain from gas for 2 days and bloating medication doesent work....I havent slept or eaten in these 2 days because it hurts too much

I am strangely happy about his because where my symptoms are more visible I feel people will take me more seriously including myself.

So my 2 questions are, am I becoming celiac, and what can I do to aleviate the sypmtoms? Surely lying around in pain is not the only option

Ive been gluten free for 2 years with the occasional accident but never had physical reactions till now

CANADA New Brunswick :)  Accidently saw the light. 

Continuously looking for no subsitute recipes

its not complicated! its just hard.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes, all you can do is give it time and try to avoid making any cc errors in the future.

Generally one with non-celiac gluten sensitivity (NCGS) will not develop celiac disease.  When one with NCGS develops celiac disease, it is thought that they had celiac disease earlier but it was too early in the disease to be detected.  The only way to know is to get tested, but you need to be consuming gluten in the 8-12 weeks before getting tested... Not fun.

Feel better!

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Not a total fix, but Pepto Bismol may help some with glutening symptoms.  Peppermint tea can help with getting gas out.  Aspirin may help with pain.

Avoidance is the best medicine tho.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Join eNewsletter

pepto bismol dosent work, gas x either, I drank all kinds of tea and im eating white rice...how long till I go see a doctor? im going on day 3. Im taking a probiotic to see if it helps. and im avoiding pills as much as possible to avoid stress on the stomach. so im crushing them

CANADA New Brunswick :)  Accidently saw the light. 

Continuously looking for no subsitute recipes

its not complicated! its just hard.

Join eNewsletter

When you go to the doctor is up to you Patt.  Only you can decide if your symptoms are serious enough for a doctor's visit.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Join eNewsletter

L-glutamine is thought to help with muscle repair, and may help your intestines heal a bit faster.  Some doctors are behind this but not all - my doctor recommended it to me.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter