Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janew6

Had To Go To Er For Vomiting, Etc

I am 68 years old and was diagnosed with celiac disease in December.  It was a shock. I have done very well eliminating gluten from my diet. But over the last 6 weeks, I have had to go to the ER for vomiting, diarrhea and severe stomach and intestinal pain.  It had been bad enough that my oxygen levels were low because I wouldn't breathe deeply to avoid pain. I rationalized the first one as getting gluten from someplace. The second time was diagnosed at the ER as food poisoning, even though I did not eat out.  The most recent one made my gastro schedule me for another upper scope.  Has anyone else had this happen?  

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sorry, that you have been sick!

I would first look for hidden sources of gluten (meds, eating out, etc.) and then figure out if you have food intolerances. Those attacks do sound like they could be gallbladder attacks. Perhaps not stones, but a non-functioning gallbladder. A HIDA scan would be needed. An ultrasound will only catch stones. Something to research.

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

I just had a CT Monday and HIDA scan Friday for vomiting, diarrhea and pain? No results yet from HIDA. Has not put me in the ER but definitely miserable. I am 67 yrs old. Hope you get some results soon.

Fran

Diagnosed Dec. 2008

Diagnosed with follicular Non Hodgkin Lymphoma Sept. 2010

Large B cell lymphoma 2011

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Popular Now

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-m):