Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThisIsMyUserName

Three Weeks In: Updates And Brain Fog

So I'm three weeks into gluten-free. I've now gone a record ten days without vomiting (hurray!), which is great, and I've adapted pretty well I think; found good, reasonably healthy replacements for my staples, came up with a few things I love I acn have as a treat when I need it (thank you, slurpees!), and haven't had gluten in three weeks (after two weeks of attempting to be gluten-free but failing because it's hard and I kept making mistakes before I got the hang of it).

Vomiting: gone. Intestinal distress: better, but not gone. Heartburn: about the same. Migraines: definitely better (less severe) but not less frequent and still suck.

Yesterday I got brain fog and it hasn't gone away. I know it's a common pre-gluten-free symptom, but I never had it. I'm a little less sharp, definitely more lethargic, it's weird. Hopefully it goes away. No one said this wouldn't be an adventure!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi there!  I am also a newbie, diagnosed with Celiacs early May.  I have noticed that if I get "glutened", I will get brain fog & tired (along with other things, weakness in legs, nueropathy, etc.) - so maybe you got a little through cross contamination.  Sounds like you are on the right track - it definitely has a huge learning curve & can be very frustrating.  BUT, I feel so much better now - after having gone 6 months with not knowing what the heck was wrong.  I miss my gluteny foods, but my body is certainly a lot happier.  Hope your symptoms subside soon for you!

Join eNewsletter

I'm new too, diagnosed on April 1st, so over two months in now. I definitely see improvement, but I've finally gotten over expecting all my problems to go away immediately and then being disappointed. The folks here have been very patient with me. :) The fact that the migraines are 50% better and the esophagitis/gastritis is improved is something to celebrate. Digestion is better as long as I limit lactose and fructose. Brain fog less frequent. It will take awhile to fully recover, but I hope to keep improving at this rate. Best of luck!

Celiac Disease, diagnosed April 1, 2015

Migraines, Esophagitis/Gastritis, Lower Digestive Issues, Osteoporosis, Anxiety, Arthritis, etc--some improving.

DQ2.2 and DQ2.5 trans

Join eNewsletter

That lethargy and brain fog may still be your body adjusting.  Three weeks gluten-free is a short amount of time.  It usually takes months for symptoms to stop seesawing, so you are doing really well so far!  :)  Hang in there.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter