Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Googles

Construction Clean Up.

They did construction at work last week. I spent a couple hours in the room where it was done last Friday and then was sooo sick on Friday night. I have asked my supervisor to have everything wiped down and the room vacuumed. While this wasn't at my main site, they are also doing construction at my main site where I work. What else needs to be done to make it safe for me to go back. Luckily I'm not in my work place every day because I work in the field, but I don't want to be sick when I go in to work. Any advice would be great. Thanks. 

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I would first inquire with the Construction Co. if gluten dust? is even an issue.  If it is, then maybe you can get a mask to wear.

Good Luck :)  Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*Multiple AI Diseases

*General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

smiley-face-making-cocktail.gif

Join eNewsletter

I think it is unlikely that anyone in the construction company is going to be able to answer you about gluten in the products they use. 

The biggest concerns that I have found when doing work is drywall mud and wallpaper paste. There is a data base that will tell you ingredients in many construction materials. I don't remember what it is called though but perhaps you can find it in a search. 

The safest thing you can do is to either wear a mask and wash up before you eat anything or if you have a doorway to your workspace cover it with a plastic drop cloth.  If you work in the field a lot if there is a way to remain in the field while they are doing the work that would be the safest. 

Hope all goes well.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

The information about products is called a "Material Safty Data Sheet" MSDS.  The Construction company, by law, must have these up to date and available at all times.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*Multiple AI Diseases

*General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

smiley-face-making-cocktail.gif

Join eNewsletter

Googles when you ask to see the data sheets that the company must have at all times be sure to tell them to look for wheat based ingredients in the products not gluten. Tell them you have an allergy to wheat as if you say gluten you will likely get eye rolls and they may not take you seriously.  Good luck with your query. 

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Thanks everyone. My supervisor went in and wiped everything down and vacuumed. I'm hoping that does the trick. I was in the room for a couple hours the other day and it was okay (whereas before the cleaning I got really sick before the cleaning.) So i'm hoping it is better. I'm just waiting to go into the other office to make sure it has been cleaned. It is complicated because these are the general work spaces that out of office staff (like myself) are able to use. Luckily at the other office there are two rooms and only one got remodeled. I know that all sounds very confusing. Thanks everyone. 

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter