Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just thought I'd throw this out there. I'm about four and a half weeks gluten free, but it's been a lot of ups and downs as I get the nag of it; fewer awful terrible bouts of glutening, and not as bad, but still: I get a couple days relief, then something goes wrong and it's two-three days of misery. I've read literally thousands of pages and multiple books and this forum and I'm learning and doing the best I can, but it appears to be really, really hard, and it's super-demoralizing when the feeling hits and I know something has gone awry.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

At this point it might not be glutenings, but simply the ups and downs of healing. Took me a LONG time before that stopped and I know it wasn't gluten because my whole house is gluten-free and I never ate anything I didn't cook myself.

I think it was about that long into MY gluten-free life that I started developing (or noticing) other intolerances too. Try to keep your diet as simple as possible, maybe eliminating dairy, corn, and soy for a while. (Those are the most common offenders.) Once you get to really feelong better, add back one at a time.

So yeah, it MIGHT be something else getting to you, but it might just be the normal healing process. Hope you're feeling better soon.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

I too experienced a lot of ups and downs in my first few months gluten-free.  Some symptoms even got worse for a while.  Hang in there, it will improve.

In the meantime, don't put your body at risk.  Don't eat out for a while, and prepare all of your own food.  Make sure you give yourself a chance to heal.  Best wishes.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter