Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cap6

Loving My Family

We recently moved and various family members are due to visit this summer.  The first group was just   here for over a week, my adopted daughter and her children (9, 15, 17, 18).  We provided all the food and the only problem was there was the expense of all the g.f. bread they consumed!  I did buy separate mayo & mustard for them as we had regular hot dog buns one evening and no one had a problem with keeping the buns outside by the campfire ring. (G.F. hot dog buns for teenage boys with hollow legs are waaaay to expensive)     Next morning the kids were making tuna sandwiches for our picnic lunch when the oldest remembered that they couldn't use the "group" mayo for my tuna.  All four kids came to a halt as they pondered over the dilemma.  What an awesome group of kids.  They dashed for a fresh can of tuna, my special mayo and fresh fork for my fixings!   They wrote my name on the baggie so there would be no mistakes.  Even the 9 yr old "got" it.    I love my family!!!  Thanks for letting me brag a bit.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Wonderful... makes  having  company  enjoyable  even with celiac.....they  truly love  you.....you did a  great  job raising  the  mother  to these  kids...and  yes  do brag  & brag  some more...make  sure  they  know  how  ecstatic  you are about  their  caring & understanding.... some  adults  can't  get  it...

Join eNewsletter

I love my family, too. My son made me my favorite cake for Mother's Day, coconut, all from scratch and gluten free. They respect my gluten free table in the kitchen, but I look with envy on families that maintain a completely gluten free kitchen for their loved ones and plan meals for them. That is not happening here! Oh well, I love them anyway!

Celiac Disease, diagnosed April 1, 2015

Migraines, Esophagitis/Gastritis, Lower Digestive Issues, Osteoporosis, Anxiety, Arthritis, etc--some improving.

DQ2.2 and DQ2.5 trans

Join eNewsletter

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!! Brought tears to my eyes. The good kind of tears.

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Reynaud's October 2018

Rheumatoid Arthritis October 2018

Join eNewsletter

You are lucky to have such a nice supportive family!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter