Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have been gluten free for several years and have also taken other things out of my diet. No diagnosis but have improved with taking out eggs, dairy and peanuts along with gluten. Last year I had pancreatitis and the doctor took out my gallbladder although there was no definite cause. This week I have been feeling bad, my stomach is bloated, constipated - even with miralax and I am not sure what is going on. Which makes me stressed, which doesn't help. Gastro is new and doesn't ask much about possible celiac diagnosis but is sending me for physical therapy for my constipation. Nothing has been done with the exception of tracking bm and food/water daily intake. I am missing something. What symptoms does not having a gallbladder cause? Stomach pain/upset stomach? I know it can cause loose stools which I don't have. Tomorrow we have a family get together and I don't feel like eating anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Positive DGP IgG & DGP IgA, negative biopsy, HLA typing unable to interpret, sicca syndrome, positive ANA, low WBC count, intolerant to peanuts, eggs, dairy, IBS-C, GERD.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Don't know if it is the case for you but soy gives me the symptoms you mention. If you consume products with soy then maybe try dropping it for a bit and seeing if that helps. 

Hope you find the cause for your issues and they resolve soon.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Here is an article that states that some patients without a gallbladder can have constipation. It is not the norm, but possible. Seems like you would have had issues prior to this week though.

http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperDownload.aspx?paperID=19988

You can still develop gallstones, bile duct issues, etc even after gallbladder surgery. My Aunt needed a stent to keep her bile duct open. Yep, gallbladders are a family curse for us!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

I had blood work for food allergies several years ago and I took out the foods that were moderate reaction to both delayed and immediate reactions.   Almond, soy and several others were mild responses.  It may be worth taking them out.  I watch my soy carefully and the only things I eat that contain soy are my mayo and occasional bread/cracker products by Scharr.  I find it difficult to buy mayo that is gluten, dairy, egg and soy free.  Yes, I ate mayo this week. 

I am long time sufferer of constipation.  I developed it about 2 years after my last child (11 years ago).  So I know it is not my gallbladder issues that is causing my constipation problems. Nothing seems to help except miralax and I pray that it keeps on working. That is why my gastro is sending me for therapy for pelvic floor dysfunction, although the results from the test were unequivocal. I am having a difficult time grasping that my muscles are causing the problems but would be pleased if it worked.

Positive DGP IgG & DGP IgA, negative biopsy, HLA typing unable to interpret, sicca syndrome, positive ANA, low WBC count, intolerant to peanuts, eggs, dairy, IBS-C, GERD.

Join eNewsletter

I just bought a cookbook that has a rice milk mayonnaise recipe in it. It's actually this recipe: http://cybelepascal.com/rice-milk-mayonnaise-egg-free-soy-free-dairy-free-vegan/

I haven't had a chance to try to make it yet, but it does happen to be gluten, dairy, egg, and soy free. I thought you might want to give it a try.

I hope the therapy works. Good luck!

Join eNewsletter

Thanks for the recipe!!  I went to a health food store the other day and found soy free mayo but it was $7 for a tiny jar.  So my next step was looking up a recipe on line.  I think this one looks simple enough and I think I got all of the ingredients except white pepper!    :)

Renaye

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter