Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

darlingnea13

Coping Emotionally With Not So Recent Diagnose?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

there is a very "real" emotional side in the beginning. We all have been there . I know it doesn't truly help but honestly it does get better...Many go through a grieving process, denial, anger, fear, sadness, just the same as loosing a loved one...but then comes the emotional healing. There is no time frame, I'm gluten-free for over twelve years , very strict & at times I still get a little weepy....

Just keep yourself focused on being very strict , learning all you can about gluten-free, try to avoid CC....& try not to think of what you are giving up but what you are gaining--- a happy healthy life awaits you...For me, I was so ill that I just wanted to be better so I didn't think about the food... And I will say there is a gluten-free food to match almost any wheat one.. The gluten-free food is almost a clone ...if you are craving something just ask & we can direct you to find it gluten-free....

Eating a "naked" plain gluten-free diet will also help you in your new lifestyle...ie: chicken, meats, veggies, fruits in their natural state...Digestive enzymes are also good to help the gut....

blessings

Join eNewsletter

I find it helpful to be proactive.  I don't let myself get into situations where I'll be sitting hungry while others eat.  I always bring food with me when I go out.  I will bring some dishes to a dinner and people's houses and turn it into a bit of a potluck; it costs more, and I'm the one who always brings the most, but I can eat and enjoy myself.   I will even take food with me into restaurants or skip restaurants altogether.  When I meet friends we will usually go out for coffee or drinks.

Always be prepared so you don't get into a situation where you will be deprived.  No one else, unless it is an educated celiac, will be prepared with the knowledge or supplies to feed you safely, so try not to expect them to and you won't be disappointed.  KWIM?

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

The only time i miss anything is on road trips, where almost all food choices are fast food--i.e., nothing for us gluten-free folks.  So we bought one of the iceless coolers and take along our own food.  It has been seven months for me, and I find it gets easier every day.

Join eNewsletter

I hope it gets easier for you....I'm sure it will in time...You should make a homemade gluten free pizza...

2010(Age 17)-Non hodgkins lymphoma(chemo,radiation)

2011(Age 18)-Bone marrow transplant.

2014(Age 21)-Diagnosed with Multiple sclerosis after mri and lumbar puncture

2015(Age 22)-Diagnosed with celiac disease after positive bloods and biopsy,secondary acute myeloid leukemia

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter