Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThisIsMyUserName

Cutting Out Corn

Gluten free for two months; much better, but still having some unexplained reactions. Food diary suggests corn (had corn on the cob last thursday, was sick all week; popcorn last night, threw it up; had a bunch of jelly bellys (corn starch) and felt not great for a day a few weeks ago). If I have to, I'll go to a full-on paleo diet or elimination diet to figure it all out, but given how hard gluten-free has been, I'm inclined to try just cutting out corn first. So my key question: do I have to go whole hog and cut out everything with any ingredient that could possibly have corn, like with gluten, or is it enough (at least to try to start with) to cut outactual corn, popcorn, and things with a high quantity of corn based ingredients? For example, I love Reese's Pieces, but corn syrup is an ingredient in there somewhere. What do you all think?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You have to go "hole hog", unfortunately. Like gluten, corn is everywhere! Hopefully, Bartful will chime in. She has recovered from a corn intolerance -- so there is hope!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

I addressed this question on your other thread.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*Multiple AI Diseases

*General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

smiley-face-making-cocktail.gif

Join eNewsletter

If I remember correctly, you do not have Celiac? Or weren't tested? I am getting dizzy jumping from one topic to another.   :o  Maybe keep some of these questions in one place with all the info we need to know?

Maybe it's not gluten but something else? You might need to go to a few basic foods and slowly add things back to see if any food is your real issue.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter