Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginsou

Heads Up On Best Foods Canola Mayo...soy Is Back As An Ingredient

I've been purchasing Best Foods Canola mayo for several years because of the price and the fact that there is no soy in it. Yesterday I purchased 2 quarts of it, and went back for another one because it was on sale and I had a $1 coupon. Much to my dismay, soy is now listed as an ingredient. Back in 2008 it contained soy, then they removed it, and now it seems to be back. I'm allergic to soy so I was forced to purchase Spectrum Canola mayo at a higher price because I use a lot of mayo during the hot weather. Soy was not listed in the ingredients yesterday, but today I guess a new shipment came in. I do have several recipes for making my own mayo,and  it was excellent, but I have to deal with multiple food allergies on a daily basis (wheat/gluten, milk allergy in addition to being lactose intolerant,  soy, tree nuts and peanuts, sesame, cacao) so I prefer to purchase anything that makes my life easier without spending all day in the kitchen cooking.I live in northern Arizona, has anyone else come across soy in their Best Foods recently?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Join eNewsletter