Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

flowerqueen

Hidden Gluten/wheat In Hair Dye Powder

Rate this topic

Last week I did my usual root touch up with a water soluble hair dye; but in the mixing process I accidentally spilled it and I accidentally inhaled the powder. Later that day I noticed the familiar gluten contamination symptoms. Feeling sick, stomach cramps, extra trips to the bathroom. I am wondering whether there was any wheat derivatives in the hair dye. (I am still suffering).

In the past I have had gluten contamination through eye drops and eye ointment that has drained into my stomach, so I am presuming this has happened through the hair dye. Has anyone else had these kind of problems?

Under active thyroid; diabetic; hiatus hernia; acid reflux; dairy intolerant; arthritis; sciatica due to spine degeneration; diagnosed with coeliac disease November 2011; fibromyalgia; allergic to Thyme & MSG and alcohol. Allergic to TCP antiseptic, and plasters. Taking medication for severe muscle spasms in upper back.

Despite all, remaining positive!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Usually, hair products are pretty proud to proclaim that they have wheat germ oil in them.  Maybe you could email the manufacturer and see?

I didn't realise they all had wheat germ oil in them. I will email the company though. Thanks.

Under active thyroid; diabetic; hiatus hernia; acid reflux; dairy intolerant; arthritis; sciatica due to spine degeneration; diagnosed with coeliac disease November 2011; fibromyalgia; allergic to Thyme & MSG and alcohol. Allergic to TCP antiseptic, and plasters. Taking medication for severe muscle spasms in upper back.

Despite all, remaining positive!

Join eNewsletter