2 2
Alwayssomething

Snyders Gluten Free Pretzels

Rate this topic

Today while eating these at work I found a small thin pretzel in the bag with the normally wider pretzels.  It clearly looked like a old fashion thin stick pretzel.  I immediately went online and emailed Snyders of Hanover and asked if their certified gluten free pretzels are made on a dedicated line.  Here is my response:

"The gluten free pretzels are actually not produced on a dedicated line however we do have a very stringent allergen program in place.   I will forward all this information to our Quality Assurance Dept. for review.  It may have been a defect in the manufacturing process"  

Obviously I didn't eat this one nor did I finish the bag, but I purchased two bags at the same time and I asked my hubby to open the bag at home and pour it out and he found several of these small ones. 

These are a favorite snack for work, I am really bummed and don't know if I will risk buying these again. 

I have a picture but am not sure how to post the picture.  

I've never paid attention to the size of the pretzels, but I eat them nearly every day and haven't ever had a problem.

I eat them often.  Sometimes, even when I ate regular pretzels, a few would come out thinner or smaller.  Probably a normal issues with the machines.

I have never had any problems with these pretzel and am in fact munching on some of the honey mustard ones right now. I do occasionally find a thinner one or two in a bag and eat them happily. I wish they all were the skinny ones as those are usually more browned which I like.

You guys are braver than I am :)   This one is more brown Ravenswoodglass, and super thin.  I just had never encountered one in any of the bags I have eaten.  I am just to chicken to try it although I have eaten half the bag since I bought it and it hasn't made me sick, so if it was a gluten filled one it probably would have happened already.  

My sister eat them daily, also.  She's never had a problem.

They do make the straight, thin gluten-free pretzel sticks as well.  Having been a pretzel fan my whole life, it is not uncommon to find a mutant pretzel in there.  They can be extruded with machines, and sometimes the shape doesn't come out right.