This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Finally went to the DR.

Victor10

Victor10 Rookie

So i finally went to see a doctor and he took some blood, 

he said he was going to test for Celiac and other deficiencys, he also ordered a Ultrasound for my Abdomen to check my Gallbladder. Also referred me to a GI.

I have a follow up in a week to see the blood results and the Ultrasound results. he said we would go from there.

I'm scared as hell, i always over think things and fear the worst like it being cancer.

My symptoms are bloating, gas, gnawing stomach pain, Nausea on empty stomach. i'm also very anxious so i could be making those symptoms alot worse then they are. No D or C, just floating stools here and there with some Mucous in it, not too much.

is tt common for a Dr to ask for a ultrasound? you think he suspects something bad? he said it could be a ulcer, gallbladder issues, Celiac. i'm just so worried. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master

Celiac disease can mess with your gallbladder.   Got a bellyache?  My relatives would wink and say, "it is the family curse.  It is her gallbladder!"  So, that is a possibly too.  Gallbladders can improve (just like liver issues) on a gluten free diet if you have celiac disease.  So, just wait for the blood results.  Keep consuming gluten until the GI has determined your health issues.  He might order an endoscopy.  If your gallbladder looks good on the ultrasound (mine always did and I had no stones) ask for a HIDA scan.  It tests for functionality.  My gallbladder simply stopped squeezing out bile.  Not even a little squeeze.  The bile just sat there and became infected.  It had to come out.  I felt so much better!   Bile just was not being released when that bacon was being dumped into my small intestine.  

You could have an ulcer too, the GI will find out.  Could be the old h. pylori bacteria.  Easy to knock out with a cocktail of antibotics.

So, relax!  Waiting is hard.  Think positively.  Chances are it is not cancer.  Funny how we all worry about that.  It is like worrying about getting bit by a shark when odds are greater you will be killed making a selfie.  (I just read that statistic.) ?

Oh, be smart.  Keep all copies of your lab results!  

Victor10 Rookie

Thanks for the replies! 

Yeah i'm sure its not serious and it will be good to get some answers soon and be on my way to feeling better. My father has had a few stomach Ulcers before so maybe i'm also prone to it. 

bartfull Rising Star

It seems like doctors try to cover all the bases and test for everything in the book. I'm sure some do it because they're good doctors. Some do it so they can squeeze more money out of your insurance company. And some do it to avoid a malpractice suit should something unexpected turn up.

I think the only thing they don't usually test for is celiac!

nvsmom Community Regular

Waiting is stressful.  Hang in there.

Victor10 Rookie

just had the ultrasound done, took about 10mins. A few photos on each side and laying ddown. My doctor should have the results tomorrow. My pain and symptoms seem to be getting better. Maybe I'm just one step closer to being officially diagnosed as Celiac. 

I doubt the ultrasound had anything abnormal.

Jenifer Newbie

When I went to the doctors with stomach pain, they ordered every test they could think of- endoscopy, blood work, ultra sounds, CT scan, two trips to urgent care, all this done and in the end the diagnosis was "Probably Celiac or Gluten Intolerance" based on the biopsy results from the scope.

I too worried about all kinds of stuff- like cancer, ulers, you name it, I googled it and researched it and freaked our over it!

The best thing I did during all these tests was that I found a meditation app and every morning I started the day with a 10 minute guided meditation.  It seemed to help center me.  Now I am gluten free 35 days, with two accidential exposures, but finally for the first time in along time I am feeling so much better.

Hope you get your answers very soon!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived