Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

DandelionH

Some times worse than others. No rhyme or reason. Sigh.

Rate this topic

Nothin' to do at 3am but sit on the internet or curl on the bathroom floor, really. So here I am. Taking a break from crying and sweating after glutened by, I suspect, what got me last week too. Threw it all out etc. but am confused as to why I ate it for 3 days last week and felt like I was hit by a train, slept all day and had mild bloating and constipation but was ok. Then didn't for a few days just in case and had about half the quantity this week and am in AGONY.

It's happened before, too. One bit of the wrong thing- agony. Whole pieces of something else given to me before I was in the habit of asking what was in it rather than is it gluten-free (no, guys. Rye is not...) and barely a reaction at all...?

How long will this last? Should I abstain from things I was intolerant to after diagnosis for a while like dairy or would it take longer to redo that damage? I'm back to terrified now. Ow ow ow...

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

When I have been glutened I lost all the things I had gotten back. The first time I waited a few months before trying them (one at a time of course), and I was OK. The second time was recently and SO MUCH worse! I've lost everything and am still not better. So...it looks like I not only lost the corn and soy that I lost when I first went gluten-free, but now I think I've lost dairy too. (And who knows what else??!!) So I'm back to square one. The oh so boring and restricted (and seemingly everlasting) elimination diet. :angry:

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

When I have been glutened I lost all the things I had gotten back. The first time I waited a few months before trying them (one at a time of course), and I was OK. The second time was recently and SO MUCH worse! I've lost everything and am still not better. So...it looks like I not only lost the corn and soy that I lost when I first went gluten-free, but now I think I've lost dairy too. (And who knows what else??!!) So I'm back to square one. The oh so boring and restricted (and seemingly everlasting) elimination diet. :angry:

Ugh! Woah! Sorry to hear this. So glad this thread is here to make things far less confusing because I would never have realised this could happen and it definitely does. Bother.
Square one. But square 2 eventually comes and there is hope yet :) .

Join eNewsletter