Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Jae

Bloods are fine but still feeling horrific!

Rate this topic

Hi,

I was diagnosed with Coeliac a month ago, and therefore had two weeks of B12 injections every other day, which did seem to help with my lethargy, concentration, mood etc, however the last few days I have been feeling terrible, my head pounds, I am so exhausted, agitated and restless. I thought I would just go and get my B12 tested they would say its deficient earlier than expected come in for a top up and you will feel right as rain... however the bloods were normal (I am due to have top ups on a two monthly basis) so why do I feel this way, I have completely avoided gluten, as far as I am aware I haven't been glutened. Is this normal? will I always feel this rubbish? is there a usual span of time that you feel rubbish after cutting out gluten! I can not concentrate at work and it obviously has an affect on my patience and home life due to my mood and irritability... please tell me this will pass!

thank yousad.gif

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It will pass.  Really.  You are just starting out.  It can take some people weeks, months or years to feel well.  I improved at about six months.  At one year I was back on my bike riding.  At two years I was feeling pretty normal (am old and have to take that into consideration ?).  So, give it time and hang in there!  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter