Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Eliza Plank

What should I eat?

Rate this topic

Hey everyone! I am newbie here and I pretty much hope that i will get some help. Since year 2014 I started gluten free diet because I was stated to have diabetes and i had to change my food plan. I read a lot on the internet and tried to find out what food to combine during the day and what to eat in order to eat enough callories and not to lose energie. I read you are talking about some gluten free meat. So please any piece of advice would be of great help. 

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

All raw meat (with nothing added) is gluten free. However, some companies add chicken broth to their raw chicken. This can present a problem if the chicken broth contains gluten. For processed meats you will need to check the packaging &/or contact the company.

I have found the Gluten-Free Grocery Shopping Guide (by Matison & Matison) to be very helpful. They come out with a new addition every year.

Join eNewsletter

Never seen plain raw chicken that has added " broth" to contain gluten in the US.  I believe we have had this info somewhere on here, but there are rules as to what can be labeled " broth".  Usually it's salt water.  You can tell by looking at the sodium content of different packets of chicken.  All chicken has natural sodium but you will see some packets say much more than another.

Products will vary by country, too.  For example, in the US, there are almost no hotdogs that contain wheat.  But my friends in the UK tell me that most all hot dogs/ sausages contain wheat there.

Eating simpler foods, that you cook yourself, is the easiest way to avoid gluten.  Read labels.  

Join eNewsletter