Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

dania

Prana nuts and seeds

Rate this topic

Has anyone had Prana raw nuts and seeds? If so, did you have a problem with them or were they ok?

Under their FAQs it says this:

"All PRANA products under the supervision of the Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO), a program to inspect products and manufacturing facilities for gluten, are certified gluten-free (to 10 ppm gluten or less). The GFCO is the leading gluten-free" (on my iPad the sentence cuts off there)

so they look like they should be ok...

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I do not know the brand , but I would buy them because they are certified (tested). ?. You can not get much better than that when buying processed foods.  Keep in mind, if they do bother you it could be that in general nuts are hard to digest with a damaged or healing gut.  I assume you are new to celiac disease or NCGI.  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

I eat Prana nuts and such a lot, and haven't had any problems in the gluten department.

I was bummed that they switched the chocolate in some of their mixes from soy-free to not-so-soy-free, though

~ Be a light unto yourself. ~ - The Buddha

- Gluten-free since March 2009 (not officially diagnosed, but most likely Celiac). Symptoms have greatly improved or disappeared since.
- Soy intolerant. Dairy free (likely casein intolerant). Problems with eggs, quinoa, brown rice

- mild gastritis seen on endoscopy Oct 2012. Not sure if healed or not.
- Family members with Celiac: Mother, sister, aunt on mother's side, aunt and uncle on father's side, more being diagnosed every year.

Join eNewsletter