Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

lpellegr

Incredible bread!

Rate this topic

I had a coupon for Schar bread, which noted that I should look on the shelves, not in the freezer.  I found the Gluten-Free Artisan Baker Multigrain Bread as stated, at room temp on the shelves, and took it home without high expectations.  It was double-bagged, sealed into an internal bag surrounded by a normal bread bag, and it says to store at room temperature until opened, then refrigerate.

IT WAS AMAZING.  It was soft and flexible, and didn't show the slightest sign of wanting to crumble.  I gobbled down 3 slices before making myself stop.  After overnight at room temp, it was still wonderful this morning.  I don't think it will last long enough to get stale, but I was very impressed.  I pretty much gave up on bread except for making my own for crumbs and the occasional slice, but this is the first commercial loaf that I thought was worth the price.

Ingredients: water, rice starch, sourdough (water, rice flour), corn starch, agave syrup, buckwheat flour, sunflower oil, soy protein, modified cellulose, psyllium seed husk (vegetable fiber), flax seeds, guar gum, apple fiber, yeast, millet flour, sunflower seeds, apple juice concentrate, sugar, quinoa flour, salt, honey.

Lee

I never liked bread anyway.....

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I agree, Schär Gluten free bread is one of the best gluten-free great on the market in general.. unfortunately not all varieties are available in all countries in some european countries they sell the type called Cacciatore which is also very nice!! it is even good for sandwiches and you don't even have to heat it up or toast it..!!

Join eNewsletter