• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

katerinvon

Supper

Rate this topic

Made my first full gluten free meal today: crock pot stroganoff with Ms Haggman's cream soup base over rice noodles from this site, with chocolate pudding from this site for desert. Beverage of the evening was milk from our own goats. The two older girls turned up their noses at the noodles, but the baby (the one with the suspected gluten intolerance) loved everything! I count this as mostly a success. Homemade noodles will probably get better with practice. Try, try again!

Good for you...At least you made some progress.

Never tried goat milk though. Do you milk the goats :blink:

What is the difference between cow milk and goat milk? B)

Lisa B.

Lisa B.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cow milk comes from cows and goat milk comes from goats.... :blink::D

Sorry, couldn't resist! :lol:

Pauliina

Guest Viola

That is funny Paulniia :lol: Sorry Lisa ... don't mean to be rude, but you are showing your city roots :rolleyes:

But to get serious here .. many people who can't tollerate cow's milk, have no problem with goat's milk or goat's cheese

Katerinvon ... That really is great! I love stroganoff! Good for you :D

the proportions of the casein molecule subtypes are vastly different in goats milk and cows milk. if you have a minor casein intolerance to cows milk, you may do just fine with goats milk, since the primary subtypes of casein are reversed in the two.

Good for you...At least you made some progress.

Never tried goat milk though.  Do you milk the goats :blink:

Lisa B.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I milk the goats myself most of the time. Sometimes my husband or older kids help. And our infrequent guests usually like to give it a try.

I started with goats just as a hobby. I wanted my little ranch to produce something, and milk and eggs were easier than a garden here in the AZ deasert.

I have found myself turning into a supplier of fresh milk for the lactose intolerant folks in our area. I almost can't keep up with the demand sometimes, especially this time of year when the goats slow down before kidding in the Spring. (First babies due in January!) Fresh milk usually tastes better than the stuff from the store. People at work taste it and can't tell the difference from cow's milk. And if you want to produce your own milk, goats are friendly, easy to handle, produce just enough for a family, and are easier to clean up after and less intimidating than a huge cow.

I'm jumping off my soapbox now. I love my goats and could go on all day.

Back on topic. Brigid, my toddler, had no reactions so far to last night's supper. Yippee!

Karen

Hey wait a minute......We had a farm and had horses. I never milked them though. :blink:

See.......I bet that I'm not the only one who leared alot about goat milk....Pthhhhh ;);)

Hey wait a minute......We had a farm and had horses.  I never milked them though. :blink:

See.......I bet that I'm not the only one who leared alot about goat milk....Pthhhhh ;)  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Read the biography of Mustang Annie, the one who started the legislation to protect the wild horses. Her father was saved from starvation in the deasert because his parents fed him mare's milk.

Karen

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• April 17, 2019 Until April 27, 2019
      April 17-27, 2020   For the past few years many of you have asked us to arrange a River Boat Cruise that will allow us to visit Amsterdam's famous Keukenhof Gardens at its prime time of the blossoming of the millions of Tulips and Hyacinths - alongside the windmills of the Netherlands.  With the participation of a minimum of 20 persons we have arranged an All-Inclusive Cruise from Antwerp to Amsterdam.  This cruise will not be offered to the public until January, 2019 and always sells out quickly.   THERE WILL BE NO MONEY REQUIRED NOR COMMITMENT FROM YOU until we have all the final costs and details.  If you are at all interested check out our website for as many of the details that we have as of this time.   We need your request to be placed on a list of interested participants so we can present that number to Uniworld to show we have the sincere interest in this All-Inclusive Bob & Ruth's Gluten-free Cruise.   PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE FOR THE DETAILED INFORMATION THAT WE HAVE AS OF THIS TIME.   http://bobandruths.com
    • April 24, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • May 04, 2019 Until May 05, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com