Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

fargo007

Constant joint pain even with no gluten

Rate this topic

Hi, 

Diagnosed Celiac of two years.   

After going strict gluten free and taking prenisone for several months, I felt a lot better but started developing necrotic bone in my hips so I left the pred alone and went to zorvolex and ibuprofen.

It seems I have CONSTANT joint pain and inflammation.  Primarily in hips and shoulders, but also in other joints too.

My questions are:

1 - Is constant, ongoing symptoms with no relief part of the package here?

2 - Are there other medicines I should try?

3 - Is there anyone else who is symptomatic even without any gluten?   

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have recently learned that there is overlap between the genes that cause celiac and mold susceptibility. It's possible that you do have celiac but are also suffering from biotoxin overload due to exposure to mold. Some people carry genes that prevent them from filtering and flushing biotoxins from their bodies. Mold spores emit mycotoxins that build up in the bodies of those who are genetically susceptible. Biotoxin illness causes chronic inflammation, including joint pain. Look at BiotoxinHelp.com for more info, as well as this link from SurvivingMold.com: http://www.survivingmold.com/diagnosis/the-biotoxin-pathway

Biotoxin illness sets off a domino effect of symptoms, including lowering vitamin D levels, but there's much more involved. The links will explain. 

Edited by Kellie44
Adding info

Join eNewsletter

Have you had your thyroid checked? Hypothyroid can cause joint pain.

Also, some folks get joint pain from eating nightshade vegetables. Those are potatoes, tomatoes, peppers and eggplant.

And now - this is going to sound crazy to you but gin soaked raisins put an end to my really bad joint pain.

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2014/10/23/how-to-make-gin-soaked-raisins-for-joint-pain/

Be sure to give it a good eight week trial. Some folks get relief sooner but some take the full eight weeks. For me it took six weeks but when it happened it happened overnight. One day I couldn't even pick up my coffee cup. The next morning I had zero pain.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

Hi Fargo,

I would definitely get Vitamin  D and thyroid checked as both can cause this issue.  I've experienced a lot of joint pain when my thyroid was out of whack.  Make sure you get a full thyroid panel, many Dr's will only order TSH which isn't going to tell the whole picture of your thyroid.  This would include Free T3, Free T4, TPOAb, and TgAb.  I hope you do start to feel better.  Joint pain.is so hard to deal with.

January 2014-Celiac

August 2014- Hashimoto's

"You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice."

Bob Marley

Join eNewsletter