Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

No you cannot eating gluten containing stuffing.  You can't eat the turkey it was cooked in, either.  There is no way to be sure no stuffing gets in or on the turkey.  You could make a gluten-free stuffing.  And,  from a general food safety issue, you shouldn't cook the stuffing in the bird.

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets/poultry-preparation/turkey-basics-stuffing/CT_Index

so you can't even cook without stuffing inside turkey and not get gluten? Sorry I'm not familiar with turkey and wondering if I can have it while rest of family gets stuffing? In other words is turkey gluten free?

Turkey is gluten-free as long as it is not stuffed. You can make a good gluten-free stuffing using gluten-free bread. Dry the bread first and add what ever spices or veggies you wish, but cook it in a separate baking dish because stuffing the bird with it can cause bacteria to breed. And gravy must be thickened with corn starch or potato starch instead of wheat flour.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!