Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BoiseGirl

Gluten Free Gum and Breath Mints

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We use Trident.  I am sure there are other gum manufacturers.   I recall that all Trident Gum is gluten free, so I purchase that brand because other brands might have a few products where gluten is involved.  Who has time to think in the grocery line?  Not me.  I am exhausted (not really) from reading labels once I get in line.

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test (DGP IgA only) and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Repeat endoscopy/Biopsies: Healed

I haven't seen gum with gluten but there are some candies and mints that list malt or barley malt as an ingredient.

Tic Tacs should be gluten-free.

Tic Tacs use rice starch in them & there is nothing in the ingredients list to set off an alarm with me. I use them & have never had a reaction but I have only used the white ones. I did call them just after I went gluten-free 4 years ago & they said there are no gluten ingredients in them. 

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Reynaud's October 2018

Rheumatoid Arthritis October 2018

Be careful - Regular Peppermint Altoids in the regular size tins are gluten-free but the mini ones are not.  Regular Altoids are my mint of choice, but I'll go with white tic tacs if I'm out and can't get them.  I believe (but you should double check) that all life savers varieties are gluten-free, so their pep-o-mint and wintergreen would be ok:

This is from one of those Candy List websites:

Although Wrigley's online gluten-free statement is pretty cagey (saying most products are gluten-free but some might not be, and failing to specify which is which), a statement provided to me by a customer service representative says that all Wrigley products in the U.S. are considered gluten-free except for Altoids Smalls Peppermint Mints (which always have contained gluten in the form of wheat maltodextrin).

Wrigley also makes:

• Creme Savers
  • Lifesavers
  • Skittles
  • Starburst