Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In
1398_Days

doritos gluten free??

Rate this topic

I've been craving doritos for months! I looked at the website and it says that they don't have any gluten ingredients, but are made on the same lines as gluten containing things are made. Though it did say that they wash the lines in between.  I'm pretty sensitive to cross contamination though. I'm still fairly new to being gluten free and have gotten glutened three times in the past month due to cross contamination, so I'm pretty nervous to try them. Has anyone (who is really sensitive) tried them?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am curious too. Unfortunately I do not get a reaction when I eat gluten (my body reacts in different ways-high liver enzymes etc) so I am nervous to eat foods that may be an issue. I was wondering if folks that have reactions can tell if they are okay or not cause I miss them too.

In Canada, the cheese Doritos have a gluten-free label on the package.  Other ones like the sweet chili ones contain wheat.  Could be different in the U.S.

I eat them, but I don't think I'm particularly sensitive.  I don't recall seeing the note you mentioned about shared lines.  Aren't they a Frito-Lay product?  I think Frito-Lay is pretty gluten-aware, if that's a phrase.