Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

1398_Days

Bath & body works

Rate this topic

I've only been gluten free for about 4 months, and up until now the thought never occurred to me that their products could contain gluten. I use several of their products including the hand soap, body cream, shower gel, hand sanitizer, perfume, etc.. and I've never gotten sick or had any reaction to them. Does it matter if I use them if they don't bother me? I've had to give up a lot of things since being gluten free, so I guess I just don't want to have to give up this too :unsure:

Also, I don't know if I have Celiac. I've been putting off getting tested because I'm kind of terrified of purposely glutening myself every day for weeks. So as far as I know right now, I'm just gluten sensitive/intolerant. Don't know if it makes a difference, but I figured it was worth mentioning :) 

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You should definately make sure that stuff that goes on your lips or hands is gluten free.  Personally I don't like gluten in any of my personal care products and thankfully stuff like wheat protein, wheat germ oil and oats are becoming easier to avoid. They seem to be in less products as time goes by.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

6 hours ago, 1398_Days said:

I've only been gluten free for about 4 months, and up until now the thought never occurred to me that their products could contain gluten. I use several of their products including the hand soap, body cream, shower gel, hand sanitizer, perfume, etc.. and I've never gotten sick or had any reaction to them. Does it matter if I use them if they don't bother me? I've had to give up a lot of things since being gluten free, so I guess I just don't want to have to give up this too :unsure:

Also, I don't know if I have Celiac. I've been putting off getting tested because I'm kind of terrified of purposely glutening myself every day for weeks. So as far as I know right now, I'm just gluten sensitive/intolerant. Don't know if it makes a difference, but I figured it was worth mentioning :) 

Hello! My whole family has found out about Celiac in the last year so we're relatively new to the gluten-free life, too. (Some of us are diagnosed, some not.) Here's my take: if you are intolerant or Celiac...either way, your body hates gluten. I don't use them, but my mom does. It affects what I call acne. (I'm 34...always had acne but it cleared up when I went gluten-free.) My mom uses Bath & Body Works. She stopped the hand cream and sanitizers and uses butt inspection gloves when she applies the body cream. It's a happy medium for her. I began using beeswax since it's all natural. My brother found a different lotion and so did my sister. No worries! I like to say, "You do you. I'll do me." in relation to what limits we impose upon ourselves. Whatever works!

Edited by AmberJ

Join eNewsletter