Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Deano Weano

Feel different bad being 99% gluten free

Rate this topic

In July 2015, my weight loss had stalled, so I decided to go as gluten free as I could, also wheat free.  I have lost about 20 # but feel chronic fatigue and it seems I get gout like inflammation of mainly my fingers, occasionally my elbows and knees.  I also got really anemic. I don't use gluten free flour, just eat fruit, potatoes, all kinds of veggies, occas meat, chicken, tuna, different raw nuts, salads, yogurt, quinoa, buckwheat and whole grain rice. I noticed that I don't swell with fruit/potatoes and yogurt anymore. but the travelling joint inflammation is a bougar, and sometimes my feet burn. You would think , since I have lost a total of 35# since jan 2015, my feet would get better than worse. Any suggestions on this? I will tell you if I do eat gluten/wheat, I feel horrible.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think you probably need to go 100% gluten free (I reread that and perhaps you have) and then give yourself time to heal.  I say that because from my experience with allergies and celiac, I react more to whatever is left bothering me.  Make sure all of the products you are using are certified gluten free.  Consider other food allergies.  I had a problem with severe fatigue until I stopped eating everything which I didn't tolerate.

Dee

Edited by 1desperateladysaved
I misread the original person, so that I thought this person meant they used wheat flour.

Join eNewsletter

My feet started burning after a few years gluten free.   Mainly at night, and I mean on fire!   I asked my Endocrinologist about it at my next visit and knowing that I did not have Diabetes, he said it was most likely B12 deficiency.   Ran tests and it was, I started injections and 3 years later I am in the normal range I no longer have this issue. 

Join eNewsletter