Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Positron

Looking for Dairy Free milk chocolate recipes

Rate this topic

Hi all, I have celiac which caused lactose intolerance as well.  I can drink lactose free milk with no problems and am looking for lactose free milk chocolate recipes.  I am getting frustrated because all that I am finding are dairy free chocolate recipes.  I feel that with practice I should be able to create a lactose free milk chocolate that incorporates real milk.  So why am I the first person to think of this?  Again there are millions of dairy free chocolate recipes that are all just lacking because milk is a very important part of milk chocolate.   Thanks is you know where I can look, please do not say the Lactaid site because their recipe calls for milk chocolate, which violates common sense.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

51 minutes ago, Kaj242 said:

I like enjoy life chunks. Expensive but even my hubby loved them. I melt them and put in coconut milk or almond milk for hot chocolate. 

Tried those, I am looking to make real Swedish chocolate.  The life chunks have no milk, so they are not milk chocolate.  Thanks though...........

Join eNewsletter

I am also lactose intolerant.  Here is a an article you might enjoy regarding chocolate and lactose.

http://planetlactose.blogspot.com/2009/07/is-chocolate-to-be-avoided.html

That said, can you start from scratch with raw cocoa powder?  Unsweetened and no additives, it should have not gluten either.

Join eNewsletter