Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Rate this topic

Hello everyone,  

Last week I was diagnosed with celiac and I have it so bad I'm a rare type and condition it seems only 1 in 10% show what I have my test came back positive via 100% match  to have it and genetically carry it......I don't understand that you can eat whatever you want one day then bam all the sudden yo u have this auto immune disease I'm so new to this o don't know what I can have and can't have I'm lost my reaction resulted in a very massive way and landed me in the hospital .....extreme vomiting,  extreme pain, diarrhea, and besides the massive tiredness rash on body I can go on but the  worst and most scares is blacking out fainting I drove home and I don't remember doing it I fainted trying to get key in door and busted my face up no alcohol period I want to know should I be scoped before I'm completely gluten free or do it now so they can see the damage?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi, I am newly diagnosed too.  My blood test came back positive and I also did the biopsy before committing to a gluten free diet.  I was not having any symptoms and was in denial for a while because how can I be sick and feel fine?  It stinks but I am working on feeling positive about the dietary changes and eating more healthy foods.  I was relying too much on pre-packaged foods anyway and that probably isn't good for anyone anyway...  Hope you feel better soon. 

Join eNewsletter

Because your symptoms were so severe you should call your doctor and ask if you should stay on gluten until the biopsy. Normally you are advised to keep eating at least a slice or two of bread a day until all testing is done. It sounds like you must have had positive blood work so you do have celiac even if your biopsies should turn out to be negative.  Go with what your doctor advises.

Do check out the Newbie 101 thread at the top of this section it will have a lot of valuable information for you.

It can be a bit of an adjustment to be gluten free but you will get the hang of it. Ask any questions you need to ask and I hope you heal soon.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter