Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

1398_Days

hershey kisses?

Rate this topic

I had a bag of plain milk chocolate hershey kisses from Christmas, and they say gluten free on the bag. But I just bought another bag today, and the ingredients are slightly different and it doesn't say gluten free. Though I'm pretty sure I bought a bag a few months ago that was the same way. Both times (the ones that don't say gluten free) were from walmart.. Slight ingredient change and no gluten free label at walmart, yet i could buy the exact same product from a different store and it would be labeled gluten free and have the other ingredients. Why is that?

EDIT: Upon further research.. Hershey's change the ingredients in Herhsey's Kisses last year and removed the artificial ingredients. I read that the newly formulated ones hit shelves around November, so I thought maybe these were just left over. But the ones I just bought are valentine's day? I'm quite perplexed by all of this lol.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Enjoy Life makes gluten-free chocolate that is also soy-free.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

The Enjoy Life ones are also dairy free which is a bonus as well. As far as the kisses go, I'm pretty sure they are gluten free. I've eaten them not often as they aren't the best as far as chocolate goes but occasionally and I didn't have a reaction and I have horrible reactions within minutes if I get glutened. 

Join eNewsletter