Rate this topic

Sweet mother of God...I think I have finally found it!!!

As a lover of all things baked, I was devastated to learn of my celiac diagnosis.  The first thing I thought was " But I love bread...warm, butter topped, just out of the oven, deliciousness".  NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have been trying for a while to get close to replicating my baked little pieces of heaven...unfortunately, I was unsuccessful...Until now.

I have found that "Cloud 9" gluten free flour mix is giving me great results.  Its a 1:1 substitute, which I love.

I have found it in a lot of grocery stores but Costco carries a huge bag for around $9.

21 hours ago, mommida said:

What blend of gluten free flours?  I have noticed I have problems with sorghum. 

I do not have a bag at the moment ( Will be gracing another today).

I will post ingredients as soon as I get the chance

14 hours ago, CAJ531 said:

Was there any chalky aftertaste? I've been trying to find an all purpose gluten free flour for a while now and everyone that I have tried either store bought or homemade always has the chalky aftertaste.

Not that I , hubby or friends have noticed or commented on

I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Flour 1-for-1, which is great. I've used it in many different recipes including baked goods or just breading meat for dinner. Really good option and it seems to be available in a lot of stores. Costs $9.99 in my neck of the woods.

I find rice flour to be gritty, usually no fiber, and not very flavorful.  I prefer blends with things like sorghum and millet.  I am not sure there are any on the market, I just make my own