Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

sbojo32

Land O Lakes Cocoa Classics - gluten-free?

Rate this topic

Has anyone tried with success Land O Lakes Cocoa Classics? I emailed Land O Lakes today, and their response was similar to what I've seen on other sites:

Thank you for visiting the Land O'Lakes Website and taking the time to contact us.

We understand your concern about potential food intolerances. Land O'Lakes, Inc. strives to provide complete and accurate ingredient information on its labels. For any specific product, we feel the best source of this information is the product ingredient listing on the package. 

The ingredients in LAND O LAKES® Cocoa Classics® Hot Cocoa Mix and LAND O LAKES® Cappuccino Classics® Hot Cappuccino Mix are gluten-free, as defined by the FDA. 

We hope you will continue to use and enjoy LAND O LAKES® products. Please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future. If you need to respond to this email, please use the "Reply" button.

Basically, the product doesn't contain any gluten ingredients, but there is a possibility of cross-contamination (or they don't test the product and won't guarantee it isn't cross-contaminated).

As someone with Celiac, what would you do? I know there are other brands that are gluten-free (Nestle, Swiss Miss), but I love my Land O Lakes!!!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have never used the Land O Lakes mixes you are referring to, in fact I've never seen them in the stores I have been in but I don't see the problem here. They have not said there is any cross contamination so why do you think it's cc'd? They state it's gluten free as defined by the FDA so they obviously are confident it will test under 20 ppm.

Frankly, I can't imagine what Land O Lakes makes that would contain gluten that could possibly cross contaminate the mixes in question. 

As always, read the ingredients on the label EVERY time because ingredients can change. That's celiac living 101.

I would not be afraid to drink these. Land O Lakes makes milk, cheese, butter, whipping cream, sour cream, eggs & these mixes. Where would gluten be?

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Reynaud's October 2018

Rheumatoid Arthritis October 2018

Join eNewsletter