Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

GF-Cheetah Cub

Is Whistler gluten-free friendly?

Rate this topic

Hello!

My family is going to Whistler to snowboard for one week in February.  This is our first time to Canada since my 12 year-old was diagnosed with celiac.

Can our Canadian friends tell me if Canada is gluten-free friendly in general?   Can I expect to find gluten-free menus in restaurants in the Whistler area?   Are the food servers and chefs generally familiar with gluten-free, and are they accommodating?

Finally, can we expect to find gluten-free lunch options on the slopes of the ski resort?

Any general and specific restaurant information will be appreciated!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Google "restaurants in Whistler".  Have a peak at their menu to see what options you have.  Thats what I do every time I travel.  I HAVE to pre plan before we go anywhere.

I would recommend stopping at a grocery store to get some handy healthy snacks for emergencies.

Usually, there are a lot of options at grocery stores.

Whistler eateries can be staffed by transient workers. Some ( not all) really don't care/or know about dietary restrictions.  

I would for sure google then contact them to see what they say regarding food allergies.  If you get a good feeling from their reply...I would for sure go there.

Join eNewsletter