Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

thegirlsmom

favorite gluten free bread mix

Rate this topic

Question:  Whats your favorite gluten free bread mix? I have been using Bob's Red mill Wonderful Bread but, honestly I am not a fan of the taste so I add basil, garlic, cheese to disguise the bean flavor I taste.  I turns out well with those additions, but I was just curious what else was out there.

Thanks

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I was diagnosed with celiac disease at age 62, after 61 years of loving wheat. Bread has been the most difficult, haven't enjoyed a sandwich since I was diagnosed.I have tried baking my own and of every store-bought brand, the most tolerable for me is called "All But Gluten" whole grain . In the Publix I shop in, it is the only gluten-free brand that is not sold as frozen, it is on a shelf in the bakery area.

Just this week I found a product that works better than bread, for me. Suzy's Whole Grain Thin Cakes, made with corn, sesame and quinoa. It is sold as 'gluten free' but it is made in a factory that processes wheat. I am celiac, diagnosed by labs and biopsy, but I have had no problem with this so far. These crackers are basically square, bread sized rice cakes smashed flat. Only 37 calories for 3 crackers ;) I made open faced egg salad 'sandwiches, open faced pimento cheese spread sandwiches (I'm Southern),  and open face tuna 'sandwiches'. The flavor and most importantly the texture of these crackers enhance the sandwich(for me) Also spread some Nutella on a couple and had with coffee- mmmmm;)

Join eNewsletter

I am guessing you didn't want to know about crackers?  Lol. :)

I get my bread from a local gluten-free bakery, so I haven't tried these.  I have lots of friends in other parts of the country that really like Jules .shepard's mixes.  http://gfjules.com/shop/?inf_contact_key=d9bc75fc2a94c1286a9218a5b7862ab88bcb5ab495e9b1f29aaff520ec7efd28

Join eNewsletter