Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

1398_Days

what do you eat after getting glutened?

Rate this topic

I got glutened last night.. one of the worst times in a while. Since going gluten free I've mainly been glutened by CC.. and usually I'm okay the next day and can eat normally. Unfortunately this time was definitely more than just CC, I felt pretty awful last night. I felt a LOT better when I woke up today and decided to eat a banana, and now I feel a bit sick. Not nauseous, but just that 'off' feeling. So what do you eat after you get glutened? Any tips for getting better faster?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I drink a bottle of vodka, the sooner after the consumption of gluten the better. I did this the last time i was fed the wrong lasanga and had zero symptoms until 24 hours later, which really helped because the first day is the worst for me. I would imagine binge drinking could completely wipe out side effects because i felt great when i was drunk, no depression or anything

Join eNewsletter

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 9:09 PM, Gt3 said:

I drink a bottle of vodka, the sooner after the consumption of gluten the better. I did this the last time i was fed the wrong lasanga and had zero symptoms until 24 hours later, which really helped because the first day is the worst for me. I would imagine binge drinking could completely wipe out side effects because i felt great when i was drunk, no depression or anything

Very funny.....  :angry:

Edited by kareng

Join eNewsletter

On February 28, 2016 at 7:09 PM, Gt3 said:

Really?  You are giving this advice to an ill 17 year old?  ?. I could say many unkind things, but I am going to let it go.   It is obvious that you are in a gluten-induced stupor validating that celiac disease can dramatically impact your brain!  If you do not have celiac disease or NCGI,  I am assuming that your brain may still undeveloped (decision making is the last thing to develop when you are under 25).  

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=141164708

I recommend doing a better job of keeping gluten out of your diet as only time (hopefully) can help with better decision making.  It is hard, but we can help!  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

On 2/28/2016 at 7:09 PM, Gt3 said:

This is horrid advice. 

Join eNewsletter