Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×

Rate this topic

being new to this, I have started avoiding gluten and dairy. I seem to be sensitive to other foods like corn, tomatoes, bananas, and possibly grains and sugars. I still get puffy in the face whenever I eat certain things. other than blood testing, does any meds help with this? Also, is gas X gel tablets ultra strength gluten free? 

2 hours ago, Ginny101 said:

being new to this, I have started avoiding gluten and dairy. I seem to be sensitive to other foods like corn, tomatoes, bananas, and possibly grains and sugars. I still get puffy in the face whenever I eat certain things. other than blood testing, does any meds help with this? Also, is gas X gel tablets ultra strength gluten free? 

Welcome!  

If you suspect you might have an issue with gluten, you should really get tested for celiac disease.  At least rule it out before you go gluten free.  Why?  There are so many other health issues that can be related to celiac disease.  Here's some information about getting an easy blood test:

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/screening/

If you suspect allergies (reference your edema), I would see an allergist too.  

I wish you well!