1398_Days

gluten free body wash and shampoo?

Rate this topic

Does anyone know of a good brand of body wash or shampoo/conditioner? I'm currently using head & shoulders shampoo, but my hair is very dry and damaged and I want to find something that might help with that. I can't seem to find any shampoo or body wash though that is gluten free and has no chance of cross contamination. I'm VERY sensitive to cross contamination; although I don't know if it matters since I'm not going to be eating soap haha. I've only been gluten free for a few months though, and I've gotten sick many, many times.. so I just want to be as careful as I possibly can at this point. Any help would be appreciated :)

I started using the Acure brand that I buy from iherb.com. I live overseas so I don't have many ordering choices so iherb is best for me. But you might be able to find it from other online stores (Amazon, etc.). It says gluten-free and I have had no problems. I use the shampoo, conditioner and a couple of the body washes. Their under eye cream is great too!

I have never used the hair care products from Acure - only the face washed and creams but they are all very good and i have not had any problems. You get them at Target and on Amazon. I have used the DermaOrganic line of hair products with no problems - you can them on Amazon and at Ulta (i believe).

The other lines of hair care that i have not used but have heard are gluten free are Mineral Fusion and It's a 10 has many options - you can look on their website for the gluten-free list or there was a post not to long ago with some information.

http://www.youbeauty.com/beauty/gluten-free-hair-products/#1

You might want to try the link above - remember to look into it yourself a bit because the info might be old or not true - but it is a starting point.  Good luck!