Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Rate this topic

Hello everyone  I have a question about alcohol. I have a bachelorette coming up in two weeks and though I'm not much of a drinker I'd like to indulge in a few. I never liked beer so I'm safe there, but I'm also not a wine person either. I'm wondering what types of drinks I could order in the bar or restaurant that would be safe. I'm a vodka rum and liquors kind of person with mixes ( the sweeter the better lol). Thanks 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You're safe with Vodka and Rum. Not so sure about the mixes. I'm not much of a drinker either and haven't checked out mixes since dx. You could easily go with Black or White Russians. Nice & sweet! 

I know you said you're not a fan of wines but have you ever had Plum Wine? If you like sweet you ought to try it. It's not like any other wine you've ever had. It's thick & sweet - more like a liqueur. 

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Reynaud's October 2018

Rheumatoid Arthritis October 2018

Hard cider is usually what I get when I go out.  Most all are gluten free.  I find most bars carry Angry Orchard and Woodchuck (both very sweet). I'm sensitive to grain alcohol,  even if it is distilled so if I do drink hard liquor, I go with potato or corn based vodkas (such as Tito's) with cranberry juice.  Here's something I had bookmarked too: https://www.celiac.com/articles/23898/1/Great-News-for-Gluten-free-Gin-Whiskey-and-Vodka-Lovers/Page1.html?utm_source=emailcampaign1701&utm_medium=phpList&utm_content=HTMLemail&utm_campaign=Celiac.com+Update%3A+Great+News+for+gluten-free+Gin%2C+Whiskey+and+Vodka+Lovers