RedruM

Need Suggestions For Completely Celiac Friendly Makeup

Rate this topic

I am desperately searching for Celiac friendly makeup. I'm not just talking about gluten free, I'm talking about gluten free AND cross-reactive foods free as well; this includes: wheat, barely, rye, oats, corn, soy, rice, milk, potato, egg, yeast, spelt, coffee, sesame, buckwheat, sorghum, millet, hemp, amaranth, quinoa, tapioca, & teff. I am severely sensitive and anything that contains these items makes me extremely ill. I have searched far and wide. I have tried ELF, made me extremely sick, come to find out that glycerine is derived from soy. Has anyone tried Dermablend creme? It doesn't contain any of these that i could find but, I would like to hear from others that are very sensitive that have tried it.

Thanks for reading and your replies.

1 hour ago, RedruM said:

I am desperately searching for Celiac friendly makeup. I'm not just talking about gluten free, I'm talking about gluten free AND cross-reactive foods free as well; this includes: wheat, barely, rye, oats, corn, soy, rice, milk, potato, egg, yeast, spelt, coffee, sesame, buckwheat, sorghum, millet, hemp, amaranth, quinoa, tapioca, & teff. I am severely sensitive and anything that contains these items makes me extremely ill. I have searched far and wide. I have tried ELF, made me extremely sick, come to find out that glycerine is derived from soy. Has anyone tried Dermablend creme? It doesn't contain any of these that i could find but, I would like to hear from others that are very sensitive that have tried it.

Thanks for reading and your replies.

Wow!  That is a lot of intolerances!  How long have you had celiac disease? How damaged was your villi?    If you are new, it can takes a year or longer to heal and resolve intolerances that often accompany celiac disease.  

I just worry about products that can be swallowed accidentally.  This includes sunscreen, lipstick, foundation,  hand lotion, shampoos,etc.  I do not worry about mascara.  I use Gabriel gluten-free lipstick.   

I have been sick for a little over 7 years. All of the doctors where I live told me that it was stress and anxiety related except for one but they couldn't figure out what was wrong because it stayed subclinical for 5 years. They got me accepted as a patient at the Cleveland Clinic and it took them almost a year to figure it out. I have improved tremendously but, I'm still having problems. I was able to come off of thyroid medication, I can now stand for longer than 5 minutes, I can drive again, my skin doesn't feel like it is sunburnt all of the time now and many other smaller things have improved. I'm also still drinking Pepsi and I'm guessing that is probably causing me to still have some problems. I wouldn't be so concerned with makeup of it wasn't for the huge circles I have around my eyes from being sick. They look terrible and I would love to find something I can use to help comceal them. 

Ah, so many of us have been told that our symptoms are "all in our heads"!  I am glad that you finally are getting better.  There is a huge learning curve to the diet on top of varying degrees of damage, so recovery is long for most.  It took me a year to feel okay and another year to feel normal (I dealt with wildly swinging thyroid too).  A severe glutening last year (unknown source but confirmed by antibodies testing), created some new problems (hives, rashes, itching, etc).  The new symptoms have resolved thankfully, but that took about six months.   Enough about me.

My cousin has always had dark circles under her eyes since she was a kid (duh...she is gluten intolerant, but it could be totally unrelated).   She is an expert at concealing them.  Uses a yellow color (green for hiding red).  My daughter and I use Physcian's Formula concealers.  Google tips from makeup artists.  Hopefully, your circles may diminsh as your health continues to improve.  It may be related to allergies and not even celiac disease.  Hard to say.  

Pepsi.  Drink it as a treat.  It is crap and you know it.  But I get it.  You have to have a vice as we have given up so much.  

Thanks for all of the replies and messages! Yes, Pepsi is crap and I do know, like you said, I have given up everything, it's all I have left. It needs to go too. 

I will most definitely check out Physician's Formula and Arbonne cosmetics. Hopefully, I will be able to use some of those products.

My dark circles are absolutely hideous. They aren't just dark circles, they have yellow in the center of them. Sometimes they start to clear up and then they go right back to the way they were. I'm probably very vitamin deficient, I'm sure that's playing a role in this.