Rate this topic

Anyone know a butter that is free from cross-contamination? Right now I use Kerrygold butter because it's grass fed (and delicious) but has anyone had a reaction to butter and if so can you recommend a 100% gluten free kind. ideally one that is labeled gluten free.

29 minutes ago, doomedbyceliac said:

Anyone know a butter that is free from cross-contamination? Right now I use Kerrygold butter because it's grass fed (and delicious) but has anyone had a reaction to butter and if so can you recommend a 100% gluten free kind. ideally one that is labeled gluten free.

I use any kind of butter.  I don't know where cc would come from?  You don't make butter in the same place you make other foods.

46 minutes ago, kareng said:

I use any kind of butter.  I don't know where cc would come from?  You don't make butter in the same place you make other foods.

I don't make butter at all Karen. But who knows if dairy companies make food with flour right next to butter. Not to mention it's been proven that grain fed cows can produce milk containing gluten.

I didn't mean you personally...  Of course they don't make bread, or whatever in a dairy "factory".

I have seen no real scientific evidence that there is gluten in grain fed milk.  If that were the case, I would think that the big Celiac organizations would warn us from eating milk, cheese, cream, etc.

I am the butter Queen!  I can eat butter by the spoonful for a snack!  Ask my family!   I have used Kerry gold and had no issues.  You might be reacting to casein (the milk protein) or you might be temporarily or permanently lactose intolerant.  

There is no reason to be concerned about any butter. Take a look at numerous baked goods that are certified gluten-free and you will see plenty of butter listed as an ingredient. Butter is naturally gluten-free. Butter can become contaminated if you are sharing it with someone who eats gluten. All butter for a celiac needs to be completely separate if in a home with gluten present. 

Yuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm BUTTER!!!!! I've never had a problem with any brand of butter. Butter is not made in a factory that makes anything with gluten.