Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
Ennis_TX

Gluten Contaminated Mushrooms?

Rate this topic

Been running into a issue trying to find gluten free mushrooms. Seems as of late they like to grow them on a compost mix including oak chips, contaminated oats and rye or use a grain like rye for a spore carrier in starting batches.

I have ran EZ-Gluten test and gotten positive results on several of the fresh ones in the stores, called and confirmed both they used a blend of oak chips and grain compost for growing substrate and used rye grains with spores for starters. I looked into growing my own and seems it is industry standard to use a type of grain coated in spores as a starter. Does anyone know of any 100% safe mushrooms, or a place to get the spores needed to grow my own without contamination? Contaminated

Diagnosed Issues
Celiac (Gluten Ataxia, and Villi Damage dia. 2014, Villi mostly healed on gluten-free diet 2017 confirmed by scope)
Ulcerative Colitis (Dia, 2017), ADHD, Bipolar, Asperger Syndrome (form of autism)
Allergies Corn, Whey
Sensitivities/Intolerances
Peanuts (resolved 2019), Cellulose Gel, Lactose, Soy, Yeast
Olives (Seems to have resolved or gone mostly away as of Jan, 2017), Sesame (Gone away as of June 2017, still slight Nausea)
Enzyme issues with digesting some foods I have to take Pancreatic Enzymes Since mine does not work right, additional food prep steps also
Low Tolerance for sugars and carbs (Glucose spikes and UC Flares)
Occupation Gluten Free Bakery, Paleo Based Chef/Food Catering

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):