mcbphd1

Any Gluten free bread that is super safe?

Rate this topic

Hi!  I fall into the category of super sensitive celiacs.  Most of the time, I follow the Fasano gluten elimination diet and I do just fine on that diet.  Occasionally, I have to travel and it would be very helpful to have a sandwich bread that I can purchase and eat without having a reaction.  So far, I have reacted to Udi's and Schar.  I'm wondering if anyone on the forum who is super sensitive has had any success with any variety of gluten free sandwich bread?  Thanks!

You might try Franz gluten free bread.  They use a dedicated gluten free facility - at least in Oregon.  Their Oregon facility also produces Canyon Bakehouse gluten free bread - at least they did as of a couple of years ago when I last communicated with them.  I don't know about their facilities at other locations.

I react to certified gluten free breads, but it is NOT a gluten issue.  I react to Xanthan Gum.  I do just fine making my own baked goods from scratch subbing out the Xanthan Gum for guar gum.  My gluten-free hubby does well on commercially gluten-free baked goods.  It is just a food intolerance issue in my case.  

Look to other ingredients.  

Thank you Cyclinglady.  I don't  have other sensitivities as I am fine using the gums, eggs, and other ingredients in my own cooking.  I am just supersensitive to very low levels of gluten.  Sometimes inulin causes some issues, but they are very distinct from a gluten reaction.  I have not tried Canyon Bakehouse, though, so will see how it works, thanks KEMB.