• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

danikali

Confused About Test Results

Rate this topic

Hi everyone! I need your expert advise on some stuff: :(

I got a colonoscopy yesterday.........and EBR (? is that what it's called, when they go down your throat?) and biopsys on both ends that I didn't even know about. (Of course, I was on a gluten free diet for about a week, so because the doc. didn't tell me, these biopsies are probably useless now!) Anyway, I GOT SO SICK ON SUNDAY FOR THE PREPERATION!!! Not only did I get the worst "D" (which I was expecting of course due to the amount of laxitives), but everything else came back! And it's not gone yet! I got the back aches, knee aches, stomach pains, and weird headache! Is there gluten in that Phospo-soda medicane, or ducolax??? I also had everything with apple juice; could there be gluten in apple juice? All I know is that I am starting to get a little better, but I was so much better off before Sunday! Also, the doc. told me that she saw gastritis in the colonoscopy but nothing else (I know she wouldn't find anything else!) and we have to wait on the results from the biopsies. (which, like I said, are probably usless). But I have a question.......why do the doctors always find gastritis in my stomach? Can that be caused from the gluten? It seems like they are always telling me that! Also, the doctor is completely delaying giving me my blood results even though she's had them for over a week now! And she won't call me back, and the receptionist said the doc. is the only one who could give me those results! And the last time I saw the GI, she said that we would only do the biopsies if the tests came back positive, and we DID the biopsies, so I want to know what is positive and howpositive! It is making me even more anxious! ;)

Also, I got the enterolab results back, here they are:

Gluten Sensitivity Testing

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 16 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 8 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Microscopic Fecal Fat Score: 103 Units (Normal Range < 300 Units)

I was kind of disappointed because I thought I would get more from that! Only one of those tests even came back positive and not even VERY positive, for that matter!

So, does anyone have any ideas on this? And also, I know that my doctor said that if my blood tests showed some kind of positive, than we would do the biopsy, and we did do the biopsy.........and of course, I don't have an answer on any of the blood tests............but would a doctor perform a biopsy even if the blood results came back negative? I want to know everything NOW! I have no patience anymore and I'm sick of being sick! :blink:

It's great that you got all that testing out of the way! I don't know what to tell you about your results, but I know--for me, personally--that 1 positive would be enough of an answer! :)

I had a colonoscopy a couple of weeks ago, and my doc did the exact opposite thing your's did! He told me he'd take biopsies, then I later found out he didn't. He said he'd do a lot of stuff, which he didn't. Oh well, I'm done with him anyway! :D

I also had to drink the Phospho-soda. How was it with the juice? I mixed mine with gatorade, and all I could taste was the nasty salty taste. I couldn't even finish it; I kept gagging on it. Though, yep that stuff "works" pretty well...the only good thing I got out of the procedure was not being bloated or C the next day and able to see my waist again! B)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• April 17, 2019 Until April 27, 2019
      April 17-27, 2020   For the past few years many of you have asked us to arrange a River Boat Cruise that will allow us to visit Amsterdam's famous Keukenhof Gardens at its prime time of the blossoming of the millions of Tulips and Hyacinths - alongside the windmills of the Netherlands.  With the participation of a minimum of 20 persons we have arranged an All-Inclusive Cruise from Antwerp to Amsterdam.  This cruise will not be offered to the public until January, 2019 and always sells out quickly.   THERE WILL BE NO MONEY REQUIRED NOR COMMITMENT FROM YOU until we have all the final costs and details.  If you are at all interested check out our website for as many of the details that we have as of this time.   We need your request to be placed on a list of interested participants so we can present that number to Uniworld to show we have the sincere interest in this All-Inclusive Bob & Ruth's Gluten-free Cruise.   PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE FOR THE DETAILED INFORMATION THAT WE HAVE AS OF THIS TIME.   http://bobandruths.com
    • April 24, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • May 04, 2019 Until May 05, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com