ZJPIERCE

Has anyone had Albanese Gummies (USA Made)?

Rate this topic

Hey Everyone,

I came across Albanese Gummy Bears and Products, made in USA. They say Gluten Free right on the front of the bag. The kicker is "Packaged on equiptment that processes peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat and milk products. Product may contain peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat, milk products".

I am new with celiac, and the above always is a turn off, even though the front is clearly labeled Gluten Free. Has anyone had these with luck?

Thanks!

While the candy is gluten free the facility that makes them also makes items that are not on the same equipment. The equipment is cleaned between different items but there may still be traces left on the lines. Personally I would pass on these.

OKAY FOLKS! Follow Up!

I just called and spoke to someone who works there. The re-sealable bags of the gummies are processed in a seperate facility that processes wheat, so CC can occur. He was very in tune with CC and Gluten Allergies and said they have never heard of a problem before with the re-sealable bags. All ingredients are 100% gluten free. 

If you are concerned, he said to purchase the smaller bags ~6oz, which are processed in the Gluten Free facility where CC can not exist. So happy he answered and gave me that information. The smaller bags do not have the warning above, so that checks out.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to comment here because I work at Albanese and I thought I might be of assistance here! I work in Quality Assurance and part of my job is making sure our claims are true, gluten-free being one of them. The label is not clear, I will admit, but you can rest assured that they are not on the same line and there is really very little risk of cross contamination. 

I am not here for PR, I just have a passion for food safety and thought I could help.

Hope this is useful for someone! Let me know if you have any questions I could answer for you :)