akcooper

Tarte Makeup

Rate this topic

Hi everyone! I am new here and need some help. I have been using Tarte makeup because their website said gluten free. But when I emailed them I got this response 

" All of our products are formulated without gluten. While tarte can ensure these products were formulated with ingredients free of gluten, the plant where they are manufactured may or may not produce items with raw materials containing gluten. Since we cannot confirm this, and our priority is the safety and health of our customers, we decided to voluntarily remove the gluten-free category and therefore no longer state that any of our products are 100% gluten-free. Please let us know if you have any further questions! "

Does that mean it isn't safe to use? I am having so much trouble finding a decent foundation that is 100% gluten free. Please help!

I would use it.  The amount of cc of 1 ingredient that is 1% of the total product, its starts to get a bit silly.  Now, I wouldn't put it in my mouth, but its not a product that goes in your mouth.  

I do not worry about makeup except for lipstick.   I purchase Gabriel lipstick, which is certified gluten-free.  I can buy it at my local Sprouts Market (cheaper version of Whole Foods).  Red Apple Lipstick is certfied too, but I like being able to see the actual lipstick at the store.  I have used the same color daily for more than 20 years -- if it's not broke, then don't fix it!